September Family Fun
Welcome to September Family Fun 2020
A September to Remember - now open for booking!
Check-in starts at 3 PM on your arrival day. All families must park in the main parking lot and stay in their car until instructed by LBC staff. Every individual will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including taking a temperature reading.
Check-out of cabin by 11 AM on your last day; however, your family may stay on the LBC grounds until 3:00 PM by signing in on the white board. Please help us by doing this so that we can maintain an accurate count of people on our campus each day.
We are very excited to offer overnight accommodation for family households for the month of September beginning after Labor Day Weekend on September 8. We hope that many families will take advantage of this opportunity to utilize the grounds to connect with God and nature as a family while relaxing and having fun in a serene atmosphere. You can even use LBC as a base camp to explore the many wonderful features of Whidbey Island. Need WiFi? We have that too (though it is limited to certain outdoor and covered areas).
This is a special event, so it will not be possible for you to register for it through our website as with other camps, but you may BEGIN THE PROCESS to register by calling (360) 341-4170 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com - once we receive your phone call or e-mail and get you added to the calendar, you will be sent registration letter with a special link to continue with your registration.
Lakeside is very pleased to be offering this opportunity, however, there are certain limitations under current WA state guidelines that will be in effect:
- Overnight: 10 person max and must reside at the same physical address when using camp lodging.
- Day: Groups of 10 max
- Masks are mandatory when inside of buildings or in public places where other people are nearby (such as public restroom) or at the waterfront when not maintaining 6+ feet of distance between other households.
LBC has specific signage in place to assist you in following these protocols.
Price of lodging:
*2 night stay minimum, 10 person maximum booking capacity per COVID-19 guidelines
- Side Cabin (5 bunks plus 1 queen): $90 per night
- Center Cabin (2 singles): $50 per night
- Lodge (3 bd rooms with 1 queen and max of 6 people, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, and family room): $225 per night
- Family Cabin (3 bd rooms with 1 queen and max of 6 people, 2 bathrooms, and 1 small living room space with WiFi): $150 per night
- Breakfast and Lunch: $7 (add on during registration)
- Dinner: $8 (add on during registration)
- Dates and Times
*REMEMBER TO ADD ANY MEALS THAT YOU PLAN TO HAVE ON THE DAY THAT YOU CHECK OUT!
We are pleased to offer a time and space for your family to enjoy the camp grounds, but there may be other families and staff around, so we are limiting the amount of people onsite per day to make social distancing feasible.
Self screening of each family member before arriving at camp is important. LBC reserves the right to screen and not to allow any person exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 to enter the premises. Therefore, please check each family member for the following symptoms before leaving for camp and, if any are present, re-book your trip after 72 hours of being symptom free.
What to watch for:
Fever of 100.4 °F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, vomiting, etc.) within the past two weeks.
Determining if the individual has been in close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with, tested for, or quarantined as a result of COVID-19.
EXAMPLE: Our staff would love to see you, but we are also trying to stay as isolated as possible to minimize risks for all. You can help us by saying hi from a distance and being sure to follow CDC and WA state guidelines for physical distancing, personal hygiene, and wearing a mask where required while at camp.
Cabins are available for use by single household units only. This means that each individual lodging rented may only house people currently residing at the same physical address. If family members who do not reside at the same physical address are also attending, additional lodging must be reserved. This is a WA state mandate and LBC seeks to honor this guideline while remaining open for families to enjoy family time at camp.
Current guidelines also allow for group gatherings of no more than 10 people. This includes inside a cabin or recreating at camp.
For safety and health reasons, LBC is a closed campus. According to our health and safety guidelines, Lakeside will not accept walk-in visitors, so pre-registration and approval is required for each individual joining you on your adventure. There are a limited number of people able to register and be on the grounds in a single day.
Your cabin rental will be your only indoor space. You will be able to eat in your cabin or outside. Enjoy the great outdoors rain or shine! There will be no other indoor spaces available for use.
Cleaning supplies will be provided to all cabins for your daily use while you stay at LBC.
Also, if you could assist us with cleaning by wiping down the shower and bathroom sink/ counter on the last day of your stay it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
When registering you have the option to add meals for each day you are at camp - or choose to skip if you are enjoying a day trip around the island. Remember to please let us know if you are planning to have breakfast or lunch on the day that you are checking out by including these in your registration.
Canoes and Kayaks (PFD must be worn by each boater and adults must supervise)
Swimming in designated swim area (Swim at your own risk (no lifeguard on duty) and parent/guardians must be present and supervising)
Camp games and sports like pickle ball and ga ga ball
Archery and BB guns (posted hours and under adult supervision)
Cafe (posted hours and window service only)
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance! We look forward to serving you.
At the time of our arrival, you will be asked to initial the following:
1. Within the past 14 days, have you had contact with anyone that you know had COVID-19 or COVID-like symptoms? Contact is being 6 feet (2 meters) or closer for more than 15 minutes with a person, or having direct contact with fluids from a person with COVID-19 (for example, being coughed or sneezed on).
2. Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days?
3. Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
4. Including a temperature at or above 100.4 degrees F, does anyone in your household have any of these symptoms: 100.4 °F or greater, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, muscle aches, nausea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, vomiting, etc.) within the past two weeks.
Register by calling (360) 341-4170 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org