Cabin Leading at Lakeside Bible Camp is a volunteer service opportunity for mature Christian men, women, and teens to share the gospel clearly with the intention of leading campers to Christ. At LBC, Cabin Leaders are the front-line ministry of sharing the gospel with campers by building relationships and through 1-1 conversations. The objective of the cabin leader is to help campers grow towards maturity in Christ by offering understanding, Bible-centered leadership, and friendship.
The vision of Lakeside Bible Camp is for those who serve as cabin leaders to grow in interpersonal leadership skills, to be equipped and gain experience sharing the gospel, and to learn from the other cabin leaders and directors throughout the week how to effectively engage campers. It's our hope that for each camp offered at LBC, God would provide the ministry with two cabin leaders per cabin so that there can be effective 1-1 conversations and a mentoring relationship between the cabin leaders.
Cabin Leader Responsibilities
• Do what is possible to meet the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical and social needs of campers.
• Oversee the order, cleanliness, health, and safety of campers.
• Encourage campers through enthusiasm, participation, helpfulness, and responsibility.
• Support the program in chapel, meals, games & activities.
• Boys'/Girls' Camps: minimum age 16
• Junior High Camp: minimum age 17
• High School Camp: minimum age 20
• Jr. TCL: minimum age 18
• TCL: minimum age 18
Length of Service
• Youth/Teen Camp cabin leaders serve for two nights during the weekend retreats and/or for a week during summer.
• TCL Cabin leaders serve for a three consecutive weeks for TCL or for a one week with the Jr TCLers.
Cabin Leader FAQ
• When should I arrive? On weekend retreats arrive by 6:00 pm on Friday. During summer camps arrive at 3:00 pm on Saturday before the kids/teens arrive.
• When is my service finished? Your service ends 1 hour after lunch ends or when all your campers have been checked out and the director gives you the okay to leave. During summer camps
• What does it cost to Cabin Lead? There is no cost to cabin lead at Lakeside Bible Camp.
• What is the process to become a cabin leader if it is my first time at LBC? Complete the cabin leader application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lakeside will take up to 2 weeks to review your application and contact your reference. If you are accepted, a Program Director will get back to you by email or phone to let you know of your acceptance and inviting you to register as a volunteer. If you are not accepted, you will receive an email from the Director of Camp Ministries informing you of this decision.
• What is the process to become a cabin leader if I've done so at LBC before? Inform the Program Director of your interest to cabin lead. He or she may then choose to invite you back to cabin lead and encourage you to register as a volunteer.
• Can parents serve as cabin leaders to their own son or daughter? Yes. We encourage dads to to get involved at camp while a son is a camper and we welcome mom's to get involved while a daughter is attending. We can put you in the same cabin if you would like.
• Can I request a cabin with campers who go to my church? Yes. We try to pair campers with leaders who are in their church so that when they return home there is a natural follow up for the campers and someone who will remain in their life. It's our hope that if a church sends a group of campers to LBC for a week that they will also send cabin leaders. We think this is the best long term ministry for both the camper and the church.
• How can I prepare to be a cabin leader? Read your Bible and pray through some gospel conversations. Come rested, fit, and prepared. Arrive at camp on time for your first cabin leader meetings.
If you are interested in being a cabin leader for a camp, please contact the Director of Camp Ministries at DanielJensen@LakesideBibleCamp.org. We will put you in contact with the camp directors who are responsible for finding cabin leaders.
APPLICATIONS & REGISTRATION:
• First-Time Cabin Leader Application:
• Volunteer Registration (once you've been approved by a director):